Shift: 8:30 AM-5:00 PM; On-Call as needed or by rotation
Supervised By: Administrator
Workers Supervised: Direct supervision of Asst. Director of Nursing, Nurse Supervisors, and Indirect supervision of all professional and ancillary nursing staff in the area.
All positions at Baptist Village, Inc. include holidays and weekends as they fall within your schedule. Additional worked hours may be needed as workload demands.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
· Current R.N. licensure by State Board of Nursing
· Experience in a supervisory capacity with demonstrated executive ability and leadership
· Available to work holidays and weekends as work demands
· Good physical health condition and pass a physical examination
· Possess good people skills with the ability to work directly with residents, family, doctors, and staff
· Ability to verbalize and present necessary information and ideas to other staff, essential to supervisory duties
· Ability to supervise and instruct nursing personnel and to direct nursing services
· Knowledge of nursing facility rules and regulations and the discipline to work in accordance with accepted nursing and medical standards
· Knowledge necessary to review records and charts, and to evaluate statistical data in making various decisions in planning departmental operations
· General knowledge of Medicaid, Medicare, third party insurance, and the PPS system
· Enjoys performing services that benefit and help people
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to walk continuously for a minimum of 2 hours occasionally
· Ability to squat and bend throughout the shift routinely
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted occasionally
· Ability to push as much as 200 pounds occasionally
· Ability to assist in resident transfers
· Manual dexterity when handling equipment, supplies, charts, and residents
· Visual and hearing acuity to properly communicate with residents, family, staff, and for reviewing doctor’s orders and resident’s requests
· Color vision to perceive changes in the resident’s skin color and colors of medicine and solution
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Work is inside (may be required to go outside occasionally).
As required by OSHA an exposure evaluation has been done based upon a reasonably anticipated contact with blood or other potentially infectious materials that may result from the performance of employee duties. Based on the evaluation Director of Nursing has a High Risk for exposure.
APPEARANCE AND DRESS:
The dress is a designated uniform. See APPEARANCE AND WORK ATTIRE POLICY FOR UNIFORMED ASSOCIATES policy.
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT, AND WORK AIDS:
Medical equipment, resident charts, care plans, records and reports, work schedules, fax/copy machines, and computers
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
· Responsible for the overall operations of the nursing department. Organizes, directs, coordinates, and administers the resident care services.
· Establishes objectives for the nursing department to maintain local, state, and federal and institutional standards of resident care.
· Interprets and implements administrative policies established by the governing Board of Baptist Village.
· Assists in preparing and administering the budget for the nursing department. Includes a monthly review of budgetary expenditures, with strategic planning and research to minimize the costs while maintaining quality products and services.
· Directs, delegates, and assists the ADON’s and Nurse Supervisors in the management of professional and ancillary nursing staff through written policies and procedures.
· Plans and conducts conferences and discussions with administrative and professional nursing staff to encourage participation in formulating departmental policies, procedures, and objectives.
· Assist the ADON’s with coordinating activities for nursing areas to promote and maintain harmonious relationships among nursing staff, medical staff, residents, and the public.
· Assist in planning and directing Inservice Director in providing orientation and in-service training programs for professional and non-professional nursing staff.
· Analyze and evaluate nursing and related resident care services rendered to improve the quality of resident care and to plan better utilization of staff.
· Identify nursing service problems and assist in their solutions.
· Maintain a safe environment for residents.
· Investigate and report complaints or unusual occurrences to appropriate persons.
· Participate with the Admissions team in identifying candidates for admission by evaluating medical information, conducting a cost analysis, and determining appropriate placement. The process should be thorough, timely, and in conjunction with other decision-makers as issues arise.
· Assist in the evaluation of work performance through observation, spot-checking work completed, and conferences.
· Promote staff development.
· Attend meetings of supervisory and administrative staff to discuss nursing operations and staff training needs and to formulate programs to improve these areas.
· Interpret nursing home policies and regulations to staff members, residents, families, visitors, and ensure compliance.
· Participate in the Quality Assurance Performance Improvement program.
· Work directly with MDS Coordinators and team to understand needs, processes, rules/regulations, quality of care needs, documentation needs, and the financial impact. Assist MDS Coordinators in dealing with staff to meet MDS and care plan demands and care needs of the residents.
· Attend in-service education classes as required and obtain a required number of hours per year.
· Maintain infection control standards.
· Assume responsibilities delegated by the Administrator.
· Maintain a working relationship with Corporate Representatives through sharing information, seeking counsel when needed, and accepting delegated responsibilities.
· Interview and recommend appointments of nursing staff as needed. Work with the HR department in securing the highest, best qualified, and upstanding individuals possible.
· Pursues a continuing program of formal and informal education in nursing, administrative, and management areas to maintain, strengthen, and broaden his/her concepts and philosophy.
· Participate in Nursing Home Associations and/or professional activities that help define and improve the delivery of health care services.
· Prepare reports for and attend meetings with the governing body regarding resident care activities and governmental developments which affect resident care.
· Organize and follow through on innovations and transitional projects.
· The associate is authorized to have unlimited access to resident health information as needed to provide treatment, for billing purposes or the purpose of healthcare operations.
· Other duties may be assigned.
The above is intended to describe the general content of the requirements for the performance of the job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- Do you have any DON or similar experience?
Work Location: Multiple Locations
To apply, please contact Tamara at 404-689-7200 or send email to email@example.com