Position: Universal Banker – Alpharetta, GA
Supervisor: Team Leader
Department: Retail Banking
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Universal Banker plays a key role is providing retail banking services and products to customers. In addition to performing a variety of tasks associated with transacting customer requests and verifying the completeness of retail banking transactions, the Universal Banker is in the prime position to develop new business opportunities with current and potential customers.
Essential Functions: *
1. Provides superior service to bank customers by performing banking transactions, handling both current and potential customer inquiries and expanding bank relationships.
2. Establish personal and business accounts, including checking, savings, IRA, and certificate of deposit, prepares all the related documentation and inputs information in system.
3. Promote and provide information to current and potential customers and offer appropriate products and services.
4. Promote and provide information to customers on new and enhanced products and services to current and potential customers.
5. Expand bank relationships by making appropriate referrals, such as mortgage and commercial lending.
6. Perform account research, account maintenance and problem solving.
7. Answer and assist incoming callers with questions and requests; route callers appropriately.
8. Perform teller duties. Maintains and balances cash drawer, receives deposits, posts payments, and pays out customer funds.
9. Balance and replenish cash in ATM.
10. Maintain standards of professionalism, customer service, teamwork, attendance and punctuality.
11. Maintain customer satisfaction and confidence by representing the bank in a positive manner, maintaining confidentiality, answering various questions and conducting business in a professional manner.
12. Participate in community events to increase bank visibility and develop business opportunities.
13. Complete all mandatory training sessions as required by management.
14. Comply with bank procedures and follow regulatory, operational and security guidelines.
15. Contribute to the bank team effort by working on special projects and reports, performing other job-related duties, at the discretion of the Team Leader.
Critical Success Factors:
• Self-Motivated and Team Player
• Provides Exceptional Customer Service
• High Attention to Detail
• Organizational Skills
• Strong Ethics
• Advanced Technical Skills
• Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills
High school graduate or equivalent is required. Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in related field is preferred. Additional banking or general business courses is preferred. Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in the bank operations, and in a regulatory environment including cash handling and customer service are required.
Responsible for the timely completion of all required compliance training such has BSA, Information Security, and other job specific training as assigned.
Complies as required with relevant Bank policies and procedures related to BSA, including capture of required CIP, beneficial ownership, and customer due diligence data and documents. Promptly informs manager and/or compliance staff of potential suspicious activities.
The responsibility to acquire and maintain the required knowledge of State and Federal Banking regulations and policies.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
Professional office environment. While performing the duties of this position, the team member is regularly required to operate standard office equipment. The team member is frequently required to communicate and perceive. The position is primarily stationary and not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions and requires sedentary work such as exerting up to 10 pounds of force 5% of the time and a negligible amount of force approximately 95% of the time.
To apply for this position and search other career opportunities, CLICK HERE