Business Development Representative
Job Title: Business Development Representative
Reports To: Sales Manager
Summary: As a Business Development Representative, you will be responsible for generating new business and promoting OTR’s services to new accounts. This position will be responsible for endorsing and selling OTR’s services in accordance with established sales policies, procedures, and in pursuit of the Company’s goals and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Explain and sell OTR’s core services and benefits of factoring to build your book of business.*
• Effectively identify potential customers through research, networking, trade shows, etc.*
• Call carriers daily in order to develop new business and follow-up on potential business.*
• Oversee the application process and manage the underwriting of new accounts.*
• Build and maintain relationships with potential and current customers.*
• Prepare and execute a successful sales plan to help the company meet and exceed monthly, quarterly and annual revenue goals.*
• Work with Account Coordinators and other staff to ensure Account Receivable volumes remain in line with credit limits.*
• Understand OTR’s credit policies, utilizing acceptable credit ratings and reporting agencies.*
• Completes required training.
• Perform other related duties assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common industry documents and reports. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, and basic arithmetic.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office and related computer programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms. Occasionally the employee will bend over, move boxes, and lift objects.
To apply, CLICK HERE