NFCC is a 501(c) 3 nonprofit organization whose mission is to help ease hardship & foster financial stability in our community.
Job Summary: The Accounting Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the accounting department. They are accountable for preparing financial transactions, processing invoices, entering general ledger data, balancing income statement, managing budgets, and preparing financial reports. Role works closely with the CFO and leadership team to prepare annual budgets, audit and analyze monthly financial statements and ensure the financial integrity of the organization. The role may provide office manager support.
- Contribute to the preparation of GAAP financial statements through data analysis, document preparation, integrity validation, and reconciliation processes.
- Review and analyze balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Produce and deliver financial/budget reports including financial data analytics, monthly financial metrics and actual spend against budget/outlook.
- Account for all donor funds, and ensure they are allocated appropriately.
- Prepares journal entries and reconciles ledger accounts.
- Reconciles restricted funding expenses
- Assists with reporting for grant and other funding contracts.
- Process all accounts receivable and accounts payable invoices.
- Perform year-end closing procedures.
- Organize and prepare leadership team for annual budgeting process.
- Prepare and submit monthly sales tax return.
- Assists outside accounting firm with annual audit – pull required documentation and assists the Director of Finance with filings.
- Collaborate with the Director of Finance to ensure agency finances and recordings are timely and deadlines are met.
- Support the planning and execution of programs at the agency as needed.
- Works with volunteers and at NFCC events as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or other relevant degree.
- 3-5 years’ experience in accounting/finance, with knowledge of full cycle accounting and bookkeeping.
- Experience in non-profit financial reporting sector a plus.
- Detail oriented with the ability to prepare, organize, and maintain documents to support transactions.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and prioritize simultaneous requests.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to critically evaluate and prioritize information gathered from multiple sources and reconcile conflicts.
- Experience with QuickBooks, MS office, and Salesforce.
- Criminal background check clearance.
- Negative drug test screening.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs workflows and procedures.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Judgement - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: Must be able to work in an office environment for up to 8 hours, lift, push or pull up to 10lbs.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EEO Statement: NFCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, NFCC does not discriminate based on race, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disabilities, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis protected by the law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Accounting Manager: $50K plus benefits, PTO, 403 (b)
To apply, please email resume to email@example.com